Graduate Student Conference and Alumni Reception
- In Fall 2017, the Asian Studies Graduate Student Organization hosted a Graduate Student Conference and Alumni Reception where three M.A. Asian Studies students presented on their thesis topics.
- “Zen Master Dögen ls (1200-1253) Enlightenment Experience: A Text-Historical and Linguistic Analysis of Traditional and Modern Sources"
- Katrina Ankrum, Respondent: Dr. Steven Heine
- "Monstrous Maternity: Folkloric Expressions of the Feminine in Images of the Ubume"
- Michaela Prostak, Respondent: Lisa Brown
- "Student Movements in Japan: A Historical Analysis"
- Carlos Aponte, Respondent: Zenel Garcia
(left to right) Lisa Brown, Michaela Prostak, Katrina Ankrum, Dr. Steven Heine, Carlos Aponte, and Zenel Garcia
Learn How to Conference Successfully
- In Fall 2015, the Asian Studies Alumni and Friends hosted the How to Conference Successfully Workshop, teaching students and Asian Studies alumni how to:
- Find Conferences
- Prepare and Submit Proposals
- Get Funding