The certificate in Chinese Studies provides a multidisciplinary approach covering the philosophy, religion, art history, and literature of China as well as issues in history, politics, geography, sociology/anthropology, and international relations. The program is intended to enhance degree-seeking student's competitiveness upon graduation.
Requirements (18 Credits)
A grade of "C" or better is required for all courses (C- is not acceptable).
- 4 semesters of Chinese Language (up to 12 credits can apply toward certificate)
- Two courses in Chinese or East Asian area studies (6 credits)
- Students may receive credits through study abroad or internship programs.
Chinese Language Course Offerings
- CHI 1130 Chinese I
- CHI 1131 Chinese II
- CHI 2200 Intermediate Chinese I
- CHI 2201 Intermediate Chinese II
- CHI 3400 Intermediate Chinese Conversation
- CHI 3410 Advanced Chinese I
- CHI 3440 Business Chinese
For a complete list of available courses, see the Complete List of Courses.