NCTA Summer 2010
|Venue:||FIU Modesto A. Maidique Campus|
Asian Studies is hosting a nationwide professional development program for K-12 teachers to encourage teaching and learning about Asia this Summer 2010. The Summer session wil consist of 30-hour seminar in 5 sessions and 2 preparation days at the FIU’s University Park Campus. There will be In-Person meetings for June 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 19 from 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and at home preparation during June 11 and 18. Some topics include: East Asian history, religion, international and political affairs, geography, literature, culture, and more.
Benefits to the Participants:
- Instruction by experts in the field of Asian studies
- Honorarium of up to $400 upon completion
- Textbooks provided to teacher/participants
- Master plan credit and/or course credit available (where applicable)
- In-Service Points available for Broward and Dade County teachers.
- Create lesson plan infusing Asia into the curriculum
For more information, click here.